The ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management is ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and who are serious about developing their abilities.
Why is it Important?
The Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management is a widely recognised qualification that will prove to employers that you are invested in your self-development as a professional.
What does it Cover?
The award consists of two modules:
1. 8600-317 Understanding Training and Coaching in the Workplace (two credits with seven hours guided learning)
The aim of this module is to develop knowledge and understanding of training and coaching as required by a practising or potential first line manager.
On completion of this module, the learner will understand how to provide training appropriate to the workplace and how to coach an individual in an organisation.
2. 8600-321 Understanding Health & Safety in the Workplace (two credits with seven hours guided learning)
The aim of this module is to develop an understanding of the manager’s role in maintaining health and safety in the workplace.
On completion of this module, the learner will understand the organisation’s policy and responsibilities for ensuring a safe and healthy working environment and their own responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace. Criterion assessment applies to all units within this qualification.
Who will benefit?
Benefits for individuals
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities: motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
- Credible National and International recognised qualification through the ILM
Benefits for employers
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Proven skills: to get this qualification, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to your organisation
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities