This is a 1 day course.
Learners will explore key aspects of contract law to understand what constitutes a contract.
On completion Learners will be able to:
- Understand legal issues relating to formation of a contract, its basic structure and constituent elements.
- Understand the background to business-business contract law.
- Understand the background to consumer contract law.
- Determine the relevant legislation appropriate to specific purchases (online, telephone, in-store, third parties).
- Explain the rights and remedies applicable to business-business and business-consumer contracts.
This Foundation course is aimed at procurement officers who are involved in supplier contracts and need basic understanding of contract law.